Thursday, September 11, 2008

SCARED – 7 September 2008 -- Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia – surfer scared

John Morgan, 51, said a large shark became entangled in his surfboard leash and dragged him for about 50 metres like a "powerful jet ski", about 300 metres offshore of Byron Bay, NSW, Australia. He was not injured in the incident but said he was “freaked” out.

The incident occurred around midday on Sunday 7 September 2008.

"I had just come off a wave when I saw a large swirl of water," Morgan told the Northern Star newspaper.

"I was then suddenly hauled backwards ... like I was riding behind a powerful jet ski."

Morgan said he laid down on his longboard as the shark, which he estimated was about three metres long, dragged him about 50 metres.

"I think the shark was as scared as I was,” he told media.

Sources:

Sydney Morning Herald

No comments: