Sunday, October 15, 2006

INJURED -- 14 October 2006 -- Isla Blanca Park, South Padre Island, Texas, US -- surfer attacked

Surfer Freddy Torres, 20, was bitten on the lower left calf while surfing at Isla Blanca Park, South Padre Island, Texas, US on Saturday 14 October.

“Everything happened really fast. I thought a guy had come and hit me with his board then I felt something tearing through my skin, [near] my ankle somewhere,” Torres told media.

The bite measured 16 centimetres and went around his calf, according to the report.

Friends on the shore helped Torres get medical attention.

According to media, witnesses report seeing a 4 foot shark in the area that day.

No details were reported about the possible species of shark or where or what medical attention the victim received.

Sources:
KGBT 4